Explore the Natural
There is no more enriching, exciting family vacation than a real African safari. Explore the natural world at its very best, with twice-a-day game drives. Enjoy the opportunity to spot Tanzania’s fabled Big Five – the lion, the leopard, the buffalo, the rhino and the elephant – as you roam through the Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Serengeti National Parks as well as spectacular Ngorongoro Crater.
Duration: 9 Days
Day 1 – Welcome to Arusha, Tanzania
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International airport, you’ll be warmly greeted and escorted to the deluxe Arusha Hotel, a safari landmark for more than a century.
Day 2 – Lake Manyara National Park
Your safari adventure begins this morning as you journey to Lake Manyara, a bird watcher’s paradise with its huge flocks of pink flamingos, birds of prey and nearly 300 species of migratory birds. You’ve certainly seen photos of lions lounging in the sturdy limbs of a shady tree, but you might not know that this is one of the few places to find these rare tree-climbing lions. Check in to the Lemala Manyara Camp in time for lunch and then set out with our expert ranger on your first bush walk and a late afternoon game drive. Back at camp, unwind with Sundowner cocktails and share stories of your first wildlife sightings over an elegant dinner. Then get dressed to join your safari guide on a thrilling night safari to track nocturnal animals. (B,L,D)
Day 3 – Ngorongoro Conservation Area
A visit to a local school deepens your appreciation for the challenges and rewards of life in Tanzania. Continue to the Ngorongoro Crater, the largest intact caldera in the world, and settle in to your luxury tent at Lemala Ngorongoro. After lunch, visit a Masai village and return to camp where we’ve arranged for a Masai chief’s son to share insight into his tribal culture. Enjoy Sundowner cocktails and dinner here on the rim of the crater. (B,L,D)
Day 4 – Wildlife on the Crater floor
Like no place else on the planet, the crater floor offers an absolutely unique environment for wildlife viewing. With vast expanses of open grassland surrounded by steep cliffs, this conservation area is easy for game officials to patrol and the result is a healthy population of rarer species like the black rhino and cheetah. Your camp enjoys a prime location near the Lemala Crater Access Route and you’ll get down to the crater floor quickly this morning for a truly spectacular game drive before other visitors arrive. You’ll enjoy a memorable picnic lunch in the crater. (B,L,D)
Day 5 – To Olduvai Gorge and the Central Serengeti
Visit Olduvai Gorge and learn about the 1.8 million-year-old fossil discoveries of Louis and Mary Leakey which forever changed our view of early man. Continue your journey into the vast expanse of the Serengeti, an apt name which derives from a Masai word which means “where the land goes on forever.” Indeed, the endless Serengeti plain is unequalled for its spectacular beauty and the extraordinary concentration of its wildlife, including the Big Five and numerous other herbivores and their fierce predators. Set out on your first afternoon game drive here before relaxing with Sundowner cocktails and an elegant dinner at the luxurious Lemala Ewanjan. (B,L,D)
Day 6 – Floating above the Serengeti
Animals too have their morning routine and this morning’s hot air balloon safari in the sharp clear light of dawn is an amazing time to observe the daily movements of Serengeti’s wildlife. Touch back down for a champagne breakfast and a morning game drive as you return to camp. There’ll be time to relax before a safari drive this afternoon, deep into the heart of the Central Serengeti. (B,L,D)
Day 7 – Follow the game across the Serengeti!
Enjoy another morning safari drive as you make your way into the more remote reaches of the vast Serengeti. Your destination is a uniquely mobile luxury Lemala Camp which is seasonally positioned for unmatched viewing of the Great Migration at any time of year. . In the winter months, we take you to Lemala Ndutu in the Southern Serengeti, the ultimate amphitheater for the Great Migration. More than 1.5 million wildebeest and zebra arrive here in December, staying thorough February and March as the calving season begins. From June through October, when the animals move into the Northern Serengeti, we take you to Lemala Mara North. Here in this privileged setting, you’ll be far from the crowds – but close to two of the largest Migration crossing points on the Mara River. At any time of year, you’ll arrive at your luxury Lemala Camp in time for an afternoon game drive followed by cocktails and an elegant candle-lit dinner. (B,L,D)
Day 8 – Serengeti National Park
Enjoy a thrilling day of morning and afternoon game drives. As dusk descends, enjoy Sundowner cocktails and a farewell dinner under the starry Serengeti sky. (B,L,D)
Day 9 – Return to Arusha
Transfer to the airstrip for your flight to Arusha, where you’ll be met and escorted to Kilimanjaro airport for your homeward flight. Or extend your trip and join us on the exotic isle of Zanzibar. (B,L)
All This Included
– Escorted comprehensive sightseeing and all game drives including all entry and park fees
– 23 meals: 8 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 7 dinners
– House wines, cocktails and beverages at all Lemala camps
– 8 nights in our 5-star hotel and luxury Lemala safari camps
– All on-tour transportation including one internal flight
– All luggage handling, hotel taxes & service charges, and all taxes and fees for your included internal flight
– General Assist, our toll-free 24/7 emergency on-tour assistance
– Our luxury camps in remote and pristine settings afford unmatched morning and afternoon game drives… Away from the crowd and accompanied by the finest safari guides and trackers.
– Visit Olduvai Gorge, where Louis and Mary Leakey made startling fossil discoveries that radically changed how we view our earliest ancestors.
– Drift silently above the golden grasslands of the Serengeti at dawn as the Greatest Show on Earth unfolds… Our hot air balloon safari is an inspiring experience that ends with a champagne breakfast!
– The son of a local chief will share his keen insight into the culture, history and life of the Masai.
– Enjoy a bush walk and thrilling night safari at Lake Manyara, esteemed for its astounding birdlife and unusual tree-climbing lions.
– Our unique 4-night sojourn in the Serengeti allows you to explore the game-rich Central region as well as to track the Great Migration whenever you go
– Discover 2 UNESCO World Heritage Site Accommodations on this Tour
– Arusha: Arusha Hotel
– Lake Manyara: Lemala Manyara Luxury Camp
– Ndutu: Lemala Ndutu
– Ngorongoro: Lemala Ngorongoro Camp
– Serengeti: Lemala Ewanjan Central Serengeti Luxury Camp
– Serengeti: Lemala Mara North Serengeti Luxury Camp